When you become a Freemason you:
Join an international organisation of some 6 million worldwide, where members will greet and welcome you, and your family, wherever you go;
- Embark on an amazing journey of self-discovery and self-knowledge with the help of a like-minded fraternity of men who
- Love and enjoy life and respect all God's creatures.
- Share and value a strong sense of moral personal conduct and social responsibility.
- Uphold and defend law and order
- Understand and uphold the advantages of following a Faith
- Celebrate the guidance and codes of the ancient teachings of the main Faiths
- Will treat you as an equal, making no distinctions on grounds of race, colour or creed
- Respond to the needs of others with compassion and benevolence
- Support each other in times of crisis or distress
- Will be guided and encouraged to find the way and the means to develop yourself from within, into a stronger, more complete person.
- Can discover the ways and traditions of ancient lodges of stonemasons and their relevance to today's world.
- Can attend Masonic meetings and participate in fascinating ceremonies that are normally followed by a dinner or banquet.
- Can enjoy the challenge, joy and satisfaction of progressing from your apprenticeship to becoming a Master Mason and then to become the Master of your own Lodge.
- Can gain personal confidence by your involvement in Lodge ceremonies and proceedings.
- Can experience the satisfaction of learning about responsibilities and leadership in the Lodge.
- Can visit other Lodges in the UK and enjoy the fellowship of new acquaintances.
- Can establish life-long friendships with people who share the same values and spirit of good citizenship.
- Will be welcomed to join in social activities with your family, wife or partner.