Buckinghamshire Masonic Centenary Fund (BMCF)
Since 1991 the BMCF has made Over 330 Donations To Non-Masonic charities in Buckinghamshire Totalling over £600,000
Assisted Charities include:
- Hospitals and Hospices
- School and Pre-School Groups
- Scouts, Guides and Youth Groups
- Residential Homes
- Victim Support Charities
- Day Care Centres
- Nursing Services
- Blind and Deaf Charities
- Ex-Service Charities
- Individuals in desperate need
The Buckinghamshire Masonic Centenary Fund was established in 1991, the objective being to aid non-Masonic charitable causes within Buckinghamshire. The Fund makes donations to these causes on behalf of over 4000 Buckinghamshire Freemasons, who are the sole source of its financial support.
The Centenary Fund will normally give consideration only to:
- Non-Masonic charitable causes within Buckinghamshire.
- Specific projects or facilities, rather than general appeals or requests to fund routine activities. (National charities conduct their own fund-raising activities and may already have received grants from the Freemasons’ Grand Charity.)
- Buckinghamshire Charities that deal solely with cases in Bucks and Bucks Charities that also have connections in adjacent areas.
- Individual cases within Bucks, or individual cases outside Bucks if there is a strong Bucks connection. (Individual cases normally should come through, or be supported by, community welfare or health agencies because of the implications for the provision of State and other welfare benefits.)
The Centenary Fund Committee needs to be assured of the viability and financial prudence of the applicant and will need:
- A concise statement of the aims, objectives and organisation of the charity or cause.
- A copy of the latest Annual Report and Audited Accounts.
- A description of the specific project, facility or activity for which funding is sought.
- A detailed budget, itemising and costing each area of the project, facility or activity.
- A forecast of how and where it is planned to raise the required funds and how much has been raised to date.
- Any relevant additional information should be provided in a concise form.
Contact the BMCF